- Improves gastrointestinal health
- Helps leaky gut and ulcers
- Boosts brain health
- Improves IBS and diarrhea
- Promotes muscle growth and decreases muscle wasting
- Improves athletic performance and recovery from endurance exercise
How does one amino acid do so many good things? In one of its many roles, L-Glutamine is a vital source of energy for the cells that make up the small intestine. It appears to heal and balance the digestive and muscular systems, providing necessary fuel and protection.
It’s also in short supply in the average American diet (natural sources include foods like spirulina, grass-fed beef and bone broth, Chinese cabbage, asparagus, some wild-caught fish, broccoli rabe, and venison). Dr. Axe recommends 2 to 5 grams twice daily, and up to 10 grams daily for elite, power athletes.
Read the entire article here. It’s well worth your time, especially if you suffer from leaky gut.